Coffee and Conversation with WRHS Administration
Please join members of the Winnisquam Regional High School administrative team to discuss topics of educational importance on the dates of February 3,; March 23; May 11; and June 1, 2016. More details...
NEW Eligibility Policy for Next Year
For your convenience, we have provided the NEW policy JJA-R Student Athletic, Activities/Organizations: Academic Eligibilty Standards which will go into effect next year.
WRHS Online Store for WRHS apparel
Student Council has put together an online store for WRHS apparel. The store will be accepting orders through Sunday, February 7, 2016. Please see the catalog for more information and to check out the items. You can also check out the items and place an order at https://store.thegraphicedge.com/eFlyer/main.asp?stid=winnisquambears. If you have any questions, please contact Reuben Fuchs @ email@example.com.
WRSD Weekly Sports Schedule and Website
Practice and game schedules for week of 02/01/16.
Winnisquam School District Spring Sport Registrations are now OPEN. Students must be registered on FamilyID to Tryout. FamilyID Link: https://www.familyid.com/organizations/winnisquam-athletics All Sports will Start on March 21, 2016, with the exception of HS UNIFIED VOLLEYBALL which starts on March 28, 2016. Tryout Schedules will be posted by March 10, 2016
For more detailed information on the Athletic offerings at both the Middle and High School Please go to our sport's website at http://wrsdathletics.wordpress.com/.
5th Annual Father Daughter Dance
Join us for our 5th Annual Father & Daughter Valentines Dance on Saturday, February 13, 2016 from 4:00pm to 6:00pm in Winnisquam High School Cafe. This event is sponsored by the Class of 2016. Admission is $15.00 per couple and is for girls grades K-5. Please use this registration form and submit by February 10, 2016.
STEM at WRHS
The following video gives you a brief look at WRHS's Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM) courses. This fall we offered four new classes: Gaming and App Design, STEM Exploration, STEM 3D Design, and Robotics as semester courses. These courses are performance based and follow the engineer design cycle. We are pleased to see these courses are at full capacity. We plan to review the implementation of all STEM classes and make them as enriching as we can for the second semester and the fall of 2016. If you'd like more information, please contact the WRHS Guidance Office at extention 133.
The SAT is now the NH State Assessment for all 11th grade students starting in the spring of 2016. The following is information that all parents and students should know about the test and test preparation resources:
- All juniors in New Hampshire will be tested on March 2, 2016.
- WRHS Students met with guidance counselors in November to create CollegeBoard accounts. They were also given the option to create Khan Academy accounts during that meeting. There will be future opportunities for students to create accounts for those that were absent or not able to attend.
- The math and reading tests will take a total of 3 hours and the writing test will take 50 minutes. Breaks are built in for students. Testing will be completed in one day.
- All WRHS students will take the math, reading, and writing tests. These tests are what many colleges and universities require as part of their application process.
- WRHS will provide free breakfast and snacks for all students on test day.
- SAT has a new scale for scores. A student can score 200-800 on the reading test and 200-800 on the math test for a combined score of 400-1600. The writing essay score is separate and not included in this scale.
- All students can elect to send their scores to four schools for free from 3/2/16 until 3/11-16. After that date, there is a fee from CollegeBoard.
- Taking the SAT automatically links students to colleges, financial support information, and scholarships.
- SAT Information Website https://collegereadiness.collegeboard.org/state-partnerships/new-hampshire
Smarter Balanced Test Results
The Smarter Balanced Assessment results from the spring 2015 test administration were released to the public this week. This
Letter from Superindentent, Dr. Tammy Davis
provides a summary of our district's results. Below are additional resources to support information and individual results that schools have sent home to parents:
NHDOE Commissioner's Letter SB Results
Family Guide To Your Child's Smarter Balanced Assessment Results
Individual Student Report Guide
NH Volunteer of the Year
Congratulations Candice Weingartner, New Hampshire Partners in Education (NHPIE) Volunteer of the Year! WRHS was also award
as a 2015 Blue Ribbon School.
WRHS Daily Bulletin and E-Notices
In our effort to keep you informed, we will be posting the WRHS Daily Bulletin and other Electronic Notices in PDF format. You can find them on the website under the tab click here to go directly this section.side menu or
Ag Center Website
For the latest information about the Ag Center go to the tab Ag Center Website provides more details of classes and student activities offered at the center.section of this website. Additionally, the NEW
Updated Bus Schedules 2015-2016
Bus Schedules are listed by bus number below. Please be aware there may have been changes to schedules for the 2014-2015 school year. Students need to be out at the stop 5 minutes prior to their pick up time. If you're unable to find what you are looking for or you need more information, please call First Student Transportation at 286-7434.
This schedule can also be found at the district's website under the tab side menu.