"One Call Now"
The Winnisquam Regional School District subscribes to the One Call Now Communicaton Service to enhance parental communication. This service allows us to send a voice or text message to ALL of our student's parents/guardians for various types of alerts/notifications within minutes. It is used for announcing school day schedule changes (cancellations, delayed openings, early releases), emergency situations and may also be used by individual school's to send out key notices and reminders about special events. It may also be used to make attendance voice call notifications when students are absent from school.
IMPORTANT: THE ABILITY TO DELIVER A MESSAGE IS ONLY SUCCESSFUL IF THE
SCHOOLS HAVE ACCURATE (CURRENT) CONTACT INFORMATION ON FILE FOR OUR
Please make certain that any changes of address, home, work, cellphone
numbers, email addresses and other student biographical information is
kept current and provided to all schools.
If you are not receiving calls or have other issues please call the school and speak with the receptionist.
- School Cancellations, Delayed Openings and Early Dismissals are generally due to inclement weather. For Cancellations and Delayed Openings a single phone call (or text) will go out (no earlier than 5:30 a.m.) to a student's Primary Contact 1 phone number as on file in our student information system.
Early Dismissals are treated as an Emergency Notification (see below).
Note: Any weather related School Cancellation or Delayed Opening is posted immediately to WMUR Channel 9
before any other call system or posting is made. This can be checked on television or
online at WMUR.
- EMERGENCY NOTIFICATIONS
- For Emergency Notifications the system will call all numbers the school has listed for Contact 1 and Contact 2 in the student information system. These will be home phone numbers, work phone numbers and cell phone numbers as listed. If your work telephone number is on file you may want to notify your place of employment that the school's alert system will call that number in case of an emergency.
- Text Messaging
- A user may choose to Opt In and receive some district notifications
by text messages to their cell phone. Opting In or Out can be
changed by the user at any time. (Notice: If you Opt In for receiving text messages, you may incur extra costs on monthly phone bills - please check
with your provider)
To use the system the following is required:
- The school must have your cell phone number in the Student Information System as the Contact 1 PRIMARY telephone number (You can check what information is in the system by logging into the portal, For Parents / Online Services / Grades & Student Info. and viewing your Student's Personal Info. You can also call your school's main office)
- To Opt In: With your cell phone send a text message to: 22300 with the single word ALERT
- To Opt Out: With your cell phone send a text message to: 22300 with the single word STOP
- How does it work?
- Your caller ID will display your school or the district's main number anytime a call is generated.
- The service will leave a message on your voicemail or answering machine.
- If you have such things as Telemarketer Zapper or Privacy Director on your telephone lines, you may not receive the call.
- You may want to inform your place of employment that an automated call from the district may occur.
If Opted In for text messaging, whenever a school/district message is sent as a Voice and Text message, you will receive the text message only.
If the message is sent as an Emergency message or Voice message only, you will receive a phone call only (no text message).
For other questions you may call the SAU office or speak with someone in your school's main office.